American Express Serve Card SUCKS!!!!!

Update added by user Jan 05, 2013

So once again I spent a day contacting the retailer and getting no where, I then went back to American Express to give them a chance to help me. They closed my account and will not answer any e-mails and when I call my call is dropped as they keep telling me (funny my call has been dropped five times in less then 20 min. thinking they need a better phone service).

Original review posted by user Dec 05, 2012

For all of you that signed up or thinking about signing up for the American Express Serve card.....DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!

BAD BAD!!!!!

I signed up thinking American Express good company!

I bought item, bad item, returned item, company stated would return monies, 30 days later no monies call company stated past 30 days......Called American Express Serve Card they stated there was nothing they could do so sorry good luck.......So out the monies and item and no support.If I had used my credit card I would not lost my monies so beware and for warned the Serve card is nothing but *** and if you buy stuff make sure you want it as they will not help you!!!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 38 Yes 38 171 No 171
Had the same issue 33 Yes 33
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 06 #1059731

American Express serve call center is India somebody in this call center stealing money from people cards here is how the do the scam , you link your bank card to load the card for example you load the card $20 they took the money instantly from your bank transaction done that what you think !! After a two week you ll see $20 debit again from your bank account !!! Stay away this card is a scam

0 0 Reply

Nov 06 #1059433

Clarence. ...
This Is By Far The Worst Card I Ever Been Affiliated with. They have horrible customer service and they claim to protect your account but will continue to lie to you until you eventually just get tired of calling and hearing the same ***. Would not recommend this card to my enemy. .....

Sep 20 #1036503

you cannot use the American Express Serve card in the supermarket, grocery store or liquor store. So all of my funds are on this card that i can't use.

Aug 10 #1017797

I just had a similar experience, I went to click "checkout" on an online order, but because I misspelled my address it rejected it, but the money is still on "hold", and the $100 I just loaded 30 minutes earlier now I have to wait 8-10 days to get back...
Now they're changing their policies and starting to bill $5 per month... *** em... I hope they fall to pieces and get bought out by Mastercard some day....

Aug 04 #1015734

You sound like a *** lunatic. Why would you use a prepaid card for...what it sounds like...a major purchase, because you keep blathering on about it, and not a regular credit card?

1 1 Reply

Aug 01 #1014607

American express serve does suck I am counting down the days to close my account!!!!

James Reeves

Jul 06 #1004204 Sheridan, Arkansas

I signed up for the serve card, received it and activated it. Two weeks late after having not used it at all, I received an email stating there was a violation and my account was closed. I called them and told them I had not used the card. They would not tell me what the violation and will not re-instate the card. I've spent at least two hours with them but to no avail. I will never have any dealings with anyone that anywhere closely affiliated with Amex. They are a sorry company

May 31 #990102

Worst card ever. Mobile deposits are consistently declined and no one can say why. I've had an Amex card for several decades and thought I could count on them to continue doing a great job but I have nothing but problems. Very unfortunate.

May 13 #983721

They allowed someone to debit 1600 from my account when it only had one hundred bucks and they refuse to help me at all with the issue.
I am so frustrated now they are saying this cars is not secure

May 11 #982724

I just recently got ripped off buy their scams myself, they dropped my calls and kept passing me around an office where everyone had an arabic accent, i made my orders or shall i say tried to on ebay for some silver transaction never even went through but they took almost all my money in 1 dollar increments that are in limbo being held hostage,....nothing but a *** scam if i would have use a visa it would went flawless.their customer support btw is a *** joke and makes you feel like they truly are running a scam, it is fraud.

Mar 24 #963040 Casper, Wyoming

I tried for 6 months to have an incorrect address changed with American Express Service. I contacted them several times, each person I spoke to was from a foreign country and gave me different way to resolve the issue. Which included faxing proof of my address, making phone calls, etc. Still could not get them to change my address, I had to cancel my account. I would not select American express serve again.

Jan 29 #938087 Denver, Colorado

I've had a charge for $200.00 on my card from a foreign point of sale since November 3, 2014. I did not make or authorize the charge. I disputed it. It is now January 29, 2015 and I am being td that I must wait until Februaary 19, 2015 to ca back again to check the status of this dispute. They are telling me that they "are unable to contact the merchant", and that I may never see this money back in my account. To add, the dispute department can barely speak or understand English, TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!
I am now filing a police report against American Express and Agent Mark B. for theft as they have no explanation for this "fraudulent" charge that cost me $200. They are in direct violation of their own stated policy for disputes!

Jan 20 #933835 Tampa, Florida

I tried using my Serve card at Publix Supermarket and the card was rejected.

Nov 26, 2014 #906449 Kernersville, North Carolina

Do not put your money in American Express Serve prepaid card, it will be your worst nightmare trying to access your own money. This card sucks, and I mean it sucks. The banking commission shouldn't even allow them to operate as a company.

3 0 Reply

Nov 01, 2014 #894061

American Express Serve sucks!! I try to use my card, it won't read at ANY machine!! And customer service is even worse. I thought American Express was a good company. I would give anything for a resolution!!

Oct 08, 2014 #882062 Sausalito, California

Thats your responsibility! Not American express! I love my serve card and cant nobody tell me nothing bad about them! Your an ***!

2 2 Reply

Oct 04, 2014 #879732

By far best card ever i have 2 checking accounts and still use this card more works great as a savings 2 reccomend 100%!

1 2 Reply
Ms Millie

Aug 29, 2014 #863011 Atlanta, Georgia

This card is advertised on a radio station107.9 and they are pushing it hard . so I decided to give it a try and let my direct deposit go on this card what a mistake. after a few attempts to the bank to do a withdrawl I was told that Iwas over my daily limit . I called AME Serve and was told the monthly limit is $2000 per month , if i need more than $2000 in a single month I will have to do a western union which could take up to 48 hours or a bank draft that takes 48 hours. Which means to carry this card I need to make under $24,000 per year. Now you do the math who are they marketing to (heavy) then you cant buy money orders at all , you can make purchases at Wendys to name a few. they promised my pay check as soon as it is deposited , my old card I got paid on wed nights , this card I get my deposit on friday morning no sooner than 7 am . basically 2 days after my company make the deposit. terrible idea I am closing my account as soon as next month come when I can get the rest of my money off this card!

5 0 Reply

Nov 26, 2014 #906463 Kernersville, North Carolina

I don't blame you at all, I am having the same problem, I over the $2000.00 mark for the month and I been waiting for 3 days to get my money from western union. I am on hold now that I been waiting for 50 minutes and counting on the phone. I will cancel this card as soon as I get my money out of this account. Most merchants do not take AMEX cards because they cost to much to do business with. But then AMEX charges you to take cash out of the ATM and charge you to do a western union transfer if you go over the $2000.00 mark. Its like AMEX control what you take out and them make you pay them for taking it out. This card is sucks

Jul 10, 2014 #838762

I recently got a serve card because my husband and I moved up the country and were are now 600 miles away from our usual checkings and savings bank. I read all of the fine print all of the cards at the dollar store and this one had the least amount of fees, infact if I choose the right ATM to get cash out of I will never be paying any fees because we put in at least $500 a month. My favorite part is when it calculates the total amount that you have left, it includes the pending amounts so there are no surprises there, very pleased overall.

3 0 Reply

1-20 of 38 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.