If you would have asked me last week how American Express serve was I would have said great!! I've had it for a couple of years and I love the free loading at cvs.

But out of no where Saturday I get an email saying I'm in violation of section 5 and 15d and my account is closed. so I called and when no one picked up after 20 mins I hung up and tried calling back but this time without putting my card number in and someone answered. He stated it was closed and that I had to talk to the credit department and I said I tried to call two times and I was on hold for 20 minutes each time and he said he'll stay on the line till someone picks up and 50 minutes later I talk to this lady with a fake accent and she says that I violated the agreement and that the account is closed and I can never get a card ever again and she would not tell me the reason why. She said there is a team that handles account closures but neither her or customers can get in touch with them.

She claims that within the next ten days I should receive a check in the amount of what my balance was when they closed my account. I'm so angry with them because I did not do anything different that could have possibly been a violation to the agreement. I'll keep you posted on whether or not I get my money back.

Don't get this card. It's not worth the hassle!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Account.

Reason of review: Closed account for no reason after two years..

Comments

Did u ever get your money

They just did the same thing to me & I have $2500 in there

Janith
@Anonymous

Hello yes I did get the check from them. I'm still mad about them doing that for no reason.

I'm sorry it happened to you. I still get daily balances in my email and I can't find anywhere to unsubscribe. I might call them and tell them to take me off of the mailing list since I don't have an account with them. Good luck to you!

I wouldn't worry about not getting it. It might just be a hassle to cash if you don't have a bank account but if you do, there's an app called ingo money that you can take a picture of the front and back and it can be deposited into your account right away for $5 or free I feel you wait 10 days.

I use PayPal now. It's $4.95 a month and then a $3.95 load fee every time which sucks but it's better than a bank charging a $37 overdraft fee.

American Express Reviews