Huntington Beach, California
2.0

I have 3 American Express Cards for more than 10 years. I did not realize how bad American Express Dispute department is until I was scammed by this Media Coach, who is the host of his own free radio internet blog post radio show (no listening audience and anyone can start for free). His name is Michael Dresser of the michaeldresser.com show. Beware of this scammer. He offers people free 15-minute interview on his radio show. Immediately after the show, he offers a free media evaluation which consists of his hard core selling pitch. It has nothing to do with your performance on the radio. Then, he rushes into taking your credit card, a deep discount if you give it to him immediately ($1250 instead of $3500). He reminds me of a used car salesman who would make any promises to close the sale. Then, after you have signed up, he sends you a his poorly written book (worse seller on Amazon, $20) and set a homework to do and but never corrected them. That was his training! I called him several times to follow up but he found excuses not to correct my homework. After 3 months, I gave up and filed a dispute with American Express. American Express Dispute department is so incompetent that they believed in everything this scammer said. They said that I got what I paid for ($1250), the homework assigment for me to do and the book. Yes, I got a $20 value book sold on Amazon for $1250. What a deal!

American Express believed in everything this scammer said. They never checked or verified any evidence that I provided, even when someone else complained that he was scammed by this same Michael Dresser. Since then, the PR firm who placed me on his show has permanently removed him from their database. When American Express asked Micheal Dresser about this, he said my PR firm is still using him. I told American Express that Michael Dresser lied and that they should call the PR firm who will testify that another client just got scammed by Micheal Dresser.

Conclusion, because American Express Dispute department did not bother to take 5 minutes to make a phone call to verify my facts, it cost me $1250. That is how incompetent their staff are! I plan to close all my American Express Cards after I have a replacement with other banks. It is very annoying because I have built a good credit history for my company and now will have to start all over again.

Do not apply for American Express cards. That will be your next nightmare!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Credit Card.

Reason of review: Incompetent Dispute Department.

American Express Pros: Worse nighmare, Waste of my time.

American Express Cons: Bad service and incompetence, Incompentent customer service.

Comments