Here is a letter I wrote to the SVP of Global New Accounts at Amex based on his decision to decline a $500 increase on my credit line...

American Express

Robert Garinger

PO Box 30374

Salt Lake City, UT 84130

Dear Robert,

I was extremely disturbed by American Express declining my request for a credit line increase of $500, which amounts to ~2.5% of my credit limit.

Your decision statement which lacked any specific detail is incomprehensible: “One or more payments received in the past 12 months on your American Express Account were too low given the outstanding balance and repayment history”.

I’m pretty sure I've never missed a minimum payment in my life, and I take personal offense to this decision. I have been a card member since 1996. I have made MANY payments in the last 12 months that you would most likely consider too high given the outstanding balance and repayment history. I guess you don’t take that into consideration.

It seems as if American Express is always concerned with ‘what have you done for me lately’…

Well Robert, I think the American public is acutely aware of the fiasco that financial industries such as yours have done lately. If you need a reminder here are couple links:

I guess it just goes to show that people like you, and industries like yours, will continue to berate the American working public with minuscule decisions based on your incredible fatuousness and flawed logic, all the while trying to rake us over the coals with your greedy business practices.

You have lost a customer, there is no action needed on your part or on behalf of American Express. My account will be closed by the end of this summer. I will also take this to any social media platform I can find.

Good day sir, and I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

Kurt Keating

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Credit Card.

Comments

I for one support you!! Some people, who post anonymously, will lick credit card company a n u s just to appear wealthy, but we know the truth.

Hope you are doing better without the Amex w h o r e s !!

If you had outstanding credit I'm sure they would increase it for you, tell us the real story.

American Express Reviews