Spokane, Washington
2.0

I visited the Delta website and saw an offer for a 50,000 bonus for signing up for a Delta Skymiles card by American Express. I tried to sign up for it but kept getting a timed out message. I went over to American Express to sign up for the offer since the card is issued by American Express. Well when I got the card, I made my $1000.00 in purchases . I waited for my 50,000 points to show up because I was planning on using it for a vacation. I was shocked to see that I had only been given 30,000 miles.

I called American Express and spoke to numerous agents including a supervisor. Once I got a retention department because I said I would be cancelling my card but he refused to give the points right away. He said to call back in a couple of months once I had built up some account history and they could credit the miles then . So I did that as well. I called back and they acted like I was crazy and told me they would not be giving the 20k missing miles.

I am at my wits end. I am going to report this to every consumer affairs website I can find and also to the FTC. It is a deceptive lending offer. I talked to Delta and they said American Express makes all of thes promotions, that it normally is 30k miles but they had a bonus offer during that went from August- September 7th of 50,000 miles.

I want the offer I signed up for and I will not stop contacting them until I get it.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Account.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Express Pros: No hold time.

American Express Cons: Unhelpul customer service.

• Skymiles Card