New York, New York

I have an Optima credit card from American express for many years. The rewards are minimal and the services have become every time worse. Many errors in handling disputes and a Global Travel insurance that refuses to pass claims. Why do I need to buy their travel insurance?

I submitted a claim number 0000250313 to Global Travel Shield on July 9, 2012. The form is very small; the company is so avaricious that they do not even provide a form to list the itinerary.

I called over the telephone on August 1st, 2012 to find the status of my claim. Nobody was there available to explain what do they want from me. I explained that I was going to send additional information but the employees behave MEAN.

Nevertheless, I received a letter dated August 3, 2012 telling me that my claim was closed for lack of information.

I wrote to American Express CEO that If my claim request number 0000250313 is not processed favorably by September 12, 2012 I want my Amex credit card number 372282706958000 to be CANCELLED. If they want clients their company must treat us properly otherwise I do not need American Express for anything after the way that I was treated lately.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Credit Card.

Comments

I am a licensed travel insurance agent. A claim cannot be processed without proof of loss. Your intelligence really shows leaving you card number on a public website.

American Express Reviews