I only opened a business card with AMEX bc they offered me a balance transfer at 0.0% APR for 12 months. I was approved via phone.

Approved. All calls recorded. I even received a letter from the company who the transfer was coming from stating this. Then 2 days later a letter comes from the VP of Global Operations stating that this was not approved?

Wait. What? Now here is the good part. You have to call India (see almost all of these comments) to "communicate" anything.

My supervisor was Rude and nasty and Says (just like most all these accounts you read here) that there is "nothing they can do". You see, this is AMEX's way of not having to provide ANY customer service. It is the dead end. The black hole.

Well, they barked up the wrong tree. I am currently speaking with The nice VP of Global Operations about this. Interestingly enough she does not work out of their Indian office. Hmmm.

You see, there is more than meets the eye to these types of issues. I was told that, in fact, all of those calls I begged them to listen to were finally heard and that, low and behold, I most certainly was told I was approved via phone. So they are really "sorry" this happened, but they are trying to make sweeping changes so these types of things don't happen again. How?

When? What about that approval, then non-approval? Keep telling your stories. We need to help make this change happen sooner rather than later.

American Express, membership has no privileges. American Express, best to leave home without it.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $12000. The author is overall dissatisfied with American Express. The most disappointing about american express credit card from American Express was false advertising and bad service and incompetence Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about American Express.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cards category for more informed decision or compare American Express to other companies on our site.

Comments