I only opened a business card with AMEX bc they offered me a balance transfer at 0.0% APR for 12 months. I was approved via phone.

Approved. All calls recorded. I even received a letter from the company who the transfer was coming from stating this. Then 2 days later a letter comes from the VP of Global Operations stating that this was not approved?

Wait. What? Now here is the good part. You have to call India (see almost all of these comments) to "communicate" anything.

My supervisor was Rude and nasty and Says (just like most all these accounts you read here) that there is "nothing they can do". You see, this is AMEX's way of not having to provide ANY customer service. It is the dead end. The black hole.

Well, they barked up the wrong tree. I am currently speaking with The nice VP of Global Operations about this. Interestingly enough she does not work out of their Indian office. Hmmm.

You see, there is more than meets the eye to these types of issues. I was told that, in fact, all of those calls I begged them to listen to were finally heard and that, low and behold, I most certainly was told I was approved via phone. So they are really "sorry" this happened, but they are trying to make sweeping changes so these types of things don't happen again. How?

When? What about that approval, then non-approval? Keep telling your stories. We need to help make this change happen sooner rather than later.

American Express, membership has no privileges. American Express, best to leave home without it.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Credit Card.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: False advertising, Bad service and incompetence.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 12, 2016.

Comments