Toronto, Ontario

American Express has the Account Protector Program that claims to suspend all charges to your account for up to two years in case of involuntary unemployment. I signed up for it and for over three years I was paying up to $80 a month for it. When my employment contract was involuntarily terminated, I was refused all benefits that this program promised.

I urge all to stay away from it.

Don't waste your money on it.

Just treat like the other annoying telemarketers.

They just want the money.

They'll stipulate conditions in fine print that you can't fulfill.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Account.

Comments

The family is FLAIMMING mad at the SANDS casino bethlehem,a man from las vegas "chris" does the hiring;Many since the opening have told me that he hires based on friendship method;because of a confict harassment on my last work job he saw hiring gaps he told me to re-apply the family told me to tell him to get screwed,cram his job.my former employer aaparts dc30 boss of the dept was fired; the SANDS picked up him and a maintenance worker in the old employers company based on the boss who was fired at aap.the SANDS then fired the boss that got the maintence man in..hA HA *** SANDS" piLE OF *** MANAGEMENT TEAM"BK 4 you soon.the family members and myself canceled all of our cards now will only do business with other casinos.;As a result we are selling and moving from the area soon..bye SANDS keep up the uC...***(sheldon anderson a family of nepotism"Hiring descrepencies..

For what its worth I was involuntarily unemployed and have received benefits for nearly a year at $200 per month... although i must complete necessary forms monthly AND qualify for State sanctioned unemployment benefits.

THE TEXAS STYLE CPA aka LAW OFFICE IN ABILENE TEXAS (COLLECTIONS TEXAS STYLE)COLLECTING ON A THREE SUM STYLE AMERICAN EXPRESS TRAVEL RELATED SYSTEMS aka AMERICAN EXPRESS CD AMEX AND APEX CARD CALLING IT A DIGITAL BOX DEBT ATTEMPT WHICH MOST LIKELY RAN A *** SITE OF TRAVEL REWARDS SERVICES COLLECTING FROM WILMINGTON DE-HORSHAM PA-PHOENIX AZ AND ATLANTA GA HAVE REALLY LOST THERE PLAN A SCAM MIND RULES USING A CARD COVERAGE POLICY APPLIED FOR IN 2005 ALONG WITH THE ORIGINAL CARD APP IN 2005 SETTLED OR ATTEMPTED TO SETTLE A 1984,1987, AND 1994 CARD DEBT IN 2007.THE REVENUE CODE SECTION 18,1001 TRAVEL EXPENSE SEEMS TO WANT TO SETTLE OVER AND OVER AGAIN I STILL GET DUNS THREE OR FOUR TIMES A MONTH SUCH A WASTE OF TREES CERTAINLY NOT THE GREEN PLAN GET FOUND OUT SOON MY COMPLAINTS HAVE WENT UNANSWERED ALL MY COMPLAINTS OF ALL BANKING ISSUES ISSUES 123 AND XYZ ARE INSIDE FINANCIAL SYSTEM RELATED INSIDE MEANING SPECIAL INSIDE EMPLOYEES A FACT THAT HAS WENT IGNORED ON A HIGH FIFTY STATE LEVEL THE MASTER CARD THAT WAS APPLIED FOR BY UNKNOWN PERSONS MONITORING MY CREDIT REPORT ACTIVITY FOR THE YEAR 2008 WERE A SPECIAL SCAM TEAM FDIC RELATED INSURANCE CERTAINLY WENT TO CRAPE...PISSED OFF AND HELPLESS TO THE BANKING ON-LINE SYSTEM USE APPLIED FOR BY ID THIEVES PROVES TO BE PROFITABLE...I SAY NO MORE.

Geeez, this is not what I want to hear right now. I just got a letter from Amex stating that my benefits for the account protector program have been closed because someone on their end (Examiner 380, whoever that is) said I returned to work!

What!? I am still unemployed and would sure like to know what makes them think I now have a job. This ticks me off!

Anyone else get this same type letter which falsifies one's employment status?! What recourse do we have against this nonsense?

this is a terrible product. never ever buy it, it is a rip-off and digs you deeper into debt. when it comes time to claim for benefits, they will most likely reject you.

American Express Reviews