Brooklyn, New York

My credit card number was stolen and used at four different location of Costco warehouses in Pennsylvania on two different days in 2015. Total amount charged was $12500.

Due to gross incompetence of American Express those charges went unimpeded. I was not aware that my credit card numbers were stolen until American Express finally blocked the card. I filed a police report and fraud forms and submitted it to American Express fraud investigation department . After four months of '' investigation'' they are sent a letter to me stating ''We regret to inform you that your claim can not be accepted as a fraud claim based upon information provided in the history and notes.

Consequently , this account has been returned to collection department for follow up." How is it possible? Yes , with American Express ALL IS POSSIBLE.

Preferred solution: there is a law about how to handle fraudulent charges and stolen card numbers or is it not? .

American Express Cons: I am hold responsible for a fraudulent charges on my account.

Comments