Contact American Express Customer Service
American Express Phone Numbers and Emails
(800) 528-4800Personal Cards
(877) 297-4438American Express Gift Cards
(844) 273-1384American Express Loans
(866) 207-7970American Express Prepaid Card
(877) 673-6758Business Credit Card
(800) 528-2122Cardmembers Only
(855) 531-3491Corporate Program
(800) 227-4669Express Cash/cash Advance At Atms
(800) 221-7282Gift or Travelers Cheques
(800) 545-1171International Dollar Card (IDC)/ Puerto Rico/ U.S.
(800) 297-3276Membership Rewards
(800) 445-2639Merchant Service
(800) 243-3888Personal Cards (Apply by Phone)
(800) 472-9297Personal Cards (Pay Bill)
(800) 446-6307Personal Savings
(800) 492-3932Platinum (Cardmembers Only)
(800) 954-0559Prepaid Porducts
(888) 800-8564Program Administrators Only
(800) 522-1897TTY/TDD (in New York) Personal Cards
(800) 221-9950TTY/TDD Personal Cards
Business Customer Service:
(800) 463-5911Transfer Agent
(800) 297-2977Reservations for Air, Hotel and Card Rentals
(312) 980-7807Reservations for Air, Hotel and Card Rentals (Outside the US)
American Express Emails:
How to Contact American Express Customer Service?
Most Popular Number:
|Total calls: 8 999||Issues resolved: 589||Last call: Dec 6, 2023|
How to Contact American Express Support Phone Number?
The American Express Company, or Amex, is a multinational financial services corporation primarily known for a range of credit cards. In their complaints, consumers mention American Express customer service, credit card, and interest rate issues. In case you have any difficulty in using the services, you can reach out to the company for instant support via the American Express customer service number, live chat, or mobile app.
Customers can call the American Express toll-free number (800) 528-4800 to get their queries answered. Depending on the nature of the issue, there is a large selection of phone numbers to choose from.
How to Contact American Express by Email?
If your problem hasn’t been resolved you can reach the American Express customer service team via email. email@example.com is suitable for most cases.
To provide complete assistance and satisfaction to its customers, the American Express support team has set up a complaint department. If the offered solutions do not satisfy you, you can address your issue to the Executive Correspondence Unit. For this, you can write an email or call on the dedicated phone number.
How Do I Contact an American Express Representative?
American Express offers customer service over the phone, secure messaging in the mobile app, and online chat. The automated system is available 24/7, and the company representative can be reached on demand in exceptional cases.
Be ready to wait on line for a while and stock up with patience and free time. Using a mobile application or chat, the online service will first offer you to solve your issue by yourself choosing menu prompts. It helps American Express support representatives direct you to the correct way to your solution.
American Express Website:
American Express Help Center:
Corporate Office Address:
Other Info (opening hours):
P.O. Box 650448
Dallas, TX 75265-0448
Bill Payment (Overnight)
Attn: Express Mail Remittance Processing
20500 Belshaw Ave
Carson, CA 90746
Avenida Patriotismo 635,
Benito Juarez, CDMX 03710, MX
Viale Alexandre Gustave Eiffel, 15,
Rome, Laz. 00148, IT
100 Feet Road,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560047, IN
How Good is American Express's Customer Service?
Good customer service
I didn’t like it at all they kept transferring me to other people
I don’t like the fact that I didn’t know about the points an how to use them an than I found all my points would give me one night stay
All god services with American Express. I am disappointed to have been denied for a personal loan when last September I was approved for such loan before.
Will do better net 30 days and all be okay.
Not good at all this went on for a week.
I had a green card from 1987 it was cancelled by me went into hospital . Tried to get card keep saying pending . The requested bank letter .
I sign up for Discover approved right away .
Summary of American Express Customer Service Calls
Top Reasons of Customers Calls
Consumers Call the Most From
Why Do People Call American Express?
- “Lost cards”
- “Try to get a card”
- “Lost card”
Payments and Charges Question:
- “Bill for 158.47 from Walmart”
- “Unauthorized charges”
- “To retry account infu”
- “Sign up points”
Request for Information Question:
- “Need to find out balance”
- “About my card”
- “I have a question about cards”
Activation/ Cancellation Question:
- “Cancel account”
- “I want to reactivate my card, but don't have my user ID”
Product/ Service Question:
- “Need letter for car insurance”
- “Statis of a persomal loan application”
- “Can't withdrawal money”
Shipping and Delivery Question:
- “I haven't received my card in the mail.”
- “I didn't receive my new card”
- “Didn't receive my card”
Return/ Replace Question:
- “Replace credit card”
- “Have not reviewed my replacement card”
- “History records and replacement card”
- “To see if I got a refund from Princess cruises in the Amy of $500.”
- “I need a refund”
- “I need my money back from Lesko help”
- “I am not complaining- thought it was a regular customer service number, they answered my questions very quickly,I am not a pissed off client.”
- “Customer service”
Website/ Application Question:
- “Regarding my application process”
- “Application Status”
- “I want to pay off my card”
- “Payoff amount, and close account”
- “To speak with someone”
- “My statement”
, , , ,
American Express - AMEX is a diversified financial services company that was founded in 1850 by Henry Wells, William Fargo and John Butterfield. American Express specializes in credit card, charge card and traveler's check business. The tagline of the company is: "Are you a card member?" American Express provides a line of credit card products, such as One card, Discover card, Centurion card, Blue card, Red Card, Clear card, Express Pay card and Plum card that allow their customers to carry a balance, interest protection, rewards program, savings accelerator plan, damage waiver and a variety of other benefits. American Express is a truly international company that has offices all around the world.
American Express is ranked 27 out of 200 in Cards category
Compare American Express To
Companies are selected automatically by the algorithm. A company's rating is calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in your profile. The algorithm parameters are: user's rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.