I am a 2nd card holder on my fathers Amex Sr and Gold accounts.My father has been a member of Amex since 1975.

He is 91 years old and a WWII survivor. He has recently had some health issues and has been in and out of the hospital. i had to take a leave of absense from work to help him while he recooperated. During this time i used the amex cards to help pay bills and buy grocery and his meds.

I was very over due paying the charges back (3+ months). i did try and contact AMEX on 3 different occassions and was told they could not discuss the account with me they had to talk to my father. In May when i returned to work i borrowed the $1000.00 to pay the accounts however due to even more late fees i thought i was short $172 which i promised i would pay by the end of the week when i got a paycheck. Well when i called back to make the payment not only had they tacked on even more late fees they were charging me membership fees for an account that they had cancelled for non payment.

Because the membership fees are due in April and they they cancelled the accounts in May they state i am responsinble for paying these fees. The insisted on talking to my father which they did and he gave them full authority to talk to me and discuss the accounts. I was transferred SEVERAL times and oddly enough i requested to speak to an AMERICAN REP. several times and was REFUSED i was told American Express is global and they do not have the ability to transfer me.

I spoke with Malaysia, The Phillipines, India and Mexico. and each representative i spoke to was ruder and more disrespectiful than the last.

i was also told they would continue to charge me late fees until i paid the membership dues even though the accounts are cancelled.American Express should not be allowed to use the world "AMERICAN"

Review about: American Express Account.

I didn't like: Uses overseas based customer service, Bad service and incompetence, Are very rude to customers, Rude did not care since it was not their money.

Had an Experience with American Express?

Comments