Manchester, New Hampshire

I had a American Express Pre-Paid Bluebird Card. On 21 Jul 16 I notice an unauthorized transaction for $275 to MADAME TUSSAUDS LONDON ONLINE.

I immediately contacted AMEX and the vendor about the fraudulent transaction. I was told by AMEX that I needed to close my card and they will re-issue me a new in 7 days and that when the transaction on my account is no longer on hold I can submit fraudulent claim. So I did, On the 24 Jul 16 informed AMEX the transaction had gone through and I orally filed the complaint, on 27 Jul 16 I received an email from AMEX with a declaration of fraud form, which I filled out and return the same day. On the 27th called to AMEX to see if my call would be here the next day and I was told no it was 7 to 10 Business days.

On 29 Jul 16 I received four emails from AMEX. One telling me that my claim had been denied, another tell me my account was empty a day after my direct deposit paycheck had arrived, and my son account had been closed, then my account had been suspended. I called AMEX customer support immediately and after 2.5 hours on the phone, told that to account just shows closed and the disputed did not go in my favor, plus all the funds(which was all I had) left in the account will be sent to me by check and should arrived in 10 to 15 business days.

I had this card for over 4 years and now I am left without funds to pay any bills, pay rent or to buy gas or food till next payday. I was told by AMEX the only thing left for me to do is to write a letter AMEX general mailbox...yes I am serious....

The customer service is some of the worst I have ever had, they are reading straight from a script and have no power to help you.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Bluebird Prepaid Card.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

American Express Cons: Customer service.

• Do Not Buy Amex Bluebird

Comments

#1197194

Somewhat same issue, i had $700 in three different charges done on my card by Verizon! Verizon gave me a transaction number staying they refunded the $$ back to American Express serve !

Amex says no $ was refunded! This has been going on since SEPT 2015! Just got told AGAIN dispute was declined and NOW BECAUSE it is over 6 months old I can no longer dispute the charge! When in fact the original dispute was filed incorrectly ON THEIR END AS FRAUD when it should have been done under a supposed different dept!

Had they filed it correctly the first 2 times it would have been within the 6 months! So now they have $700.00 if my money and I can't do anything!

They said contact merchant! I did, Verizon gave me a transaction number!!!!!!!

American Express Reviews