Rantoul, Illinois

I have had American Express for about 2 years and due to our great economy going down hill I have been forced to use my credit cards I have been off work for a year but during that time I still made my payments every month. So I haven't been able to pay it in full but have always maintained 100 and no less and payed it off when I got the money well I haven't been able to pay them in full yet but intended to before the end of the month.

So I get this phone call from American Express credit department telling me I'm delinquent on my payments I said your statement not due till the middle of the month she made me fill like a *** or someone that doesn't pay there bills I have been doing that and she could see that and Continue to express that to me.

So here is a word of advise from my point of view credit card company like American Express doesn't care about the people that do pay there bill every month that clearly show that they are paying them all they care about is making sure if your not payed in full every month you are a low life and Delinquent on your payments I guess when they loss me and they have and pick up a 1000 that don't pay them at all I guess that's good Business. So kiss my *** American Express I will tell every body and anybody I can never to get an American Express card and it's all because of the way your credit department handle the phone call.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Credit Card.

Comments

#620600

they just levied my account from a debt from my marriage 3 years ago. I'm self employed and live alone and they took every cent I have. When I called and asked if I could have the money to cover my rent check and something to live on, because I don't know when my next client will come, they said, "you should have thought of that before you stopped paying your bills."

When I racked up the debt I was making over $100k/year then the recession hit and I lost my job. I now make less than $20,000 a year. I pulled all my 401k out to live on and that's what they took - $10,000 - all the money I had in the world. I have $4 in my wallet and half a tank of gas and they told me, "too bad, you should pay your bills."

American Express cares more about profits and rich shareholders than real people. I will NEVER ever give them another cent.

American Express Reviews