1.5
Additional Fees

I travel incessantly, and I primarily use my Amex card for ticketed events (Broadway, West End, museums, etc.). When in Australia, I purchased a couple of admissions, and I had just engaged in an on-line transaction with a museum in Paris (I'm headed there tomorrow).

WHAMMO! I get an email from Amex that they're replacing my card, due to suspicious activity. This will cause MASSIVE inconvenience to me. I called them, and nobody at their off-shore call center seemed to care.

I have over 180,000 unused "points" on the card, so after I pay my bill (I have NEVER had a balance carry forward, even when my monthly charges have been thousands of dollars) I will cancel the card.

In my opinion, the incompetence and callous disregard that this company has for its customers is reprehensible. Who needs them?

Cutting my "new" card in half and sending it to them, right after I file a consumer complaint with regulatory authorities, will be a very happy moment for me.

In my opinion, they do NOT deserve anyone's business. And, with certainty, after decades of being a loyal customer (with NEVER a problem caused by me), they CERTAINLY don't deserve my patronage!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Ease of resolving merchant disputes.

I didn't like: Unnecessarily replaced my card and wasted my time.

Comments

I hate them so much! Their brand is made out to be so excellent and exclusive but to be honest, they are the worst in every category for ALL the credit cards I've ever had.