1.7K views

My card was refused yesterday so today I tried to check my balance. My account was locked after three tries using my correct email and correct password.

I know my password is correct because I made a record of it. I called twice and both times the call was lost. Very frustrating and disappointing. On the first call I got a message saying the service was down and to call again later.

I did and call went through, service obviously not down. The third call was ended, lost, whatever. I was never able to speak with anyone about being locked out.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I don't think I will continue to use this card as it now seems like a scam.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Serve Prepaid Card.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 07, 2016.

Comments

On day two of being locked out. I'm trying to call customer service but of course there is a long wait time.

Warning ...do NOT get your tax refund this way. Nor should you put any funds on this Serve card if American Eepress is now willing to provide even sub-standard mediocre service.

Trying to activate my card an now I'm locked out so I called customer service an a automated voice came on and told me that I had to finish registering the card but I can't register the card if I'm locked out of the card very frustrating can somebody please unlock my card so I can finish activating it

I had the same problem over the last couple of days but it was resolved his morning when I thought about calling the regular American Express service line and they helped me. I only had to wait on hold for 15 Mins.

I recommend everyone called that number because the man was soooo helpful and now I just got my money out of the atm.

I was scared that it was stuck in there but luckily it’s all better now. You can google American Express customer service number or call 1-800-528-4200

Omg I thought I was the only one I’ve been trying for 2 days noe never again can’t wait to get my money off that damn card

to Yarmah #1434628

At least I'm not the only one locked out of their account....hopefully Monday we can get this crap straighten out!!

to Yarmah #1455792

me too. I'm like fricking out over here.

Put my tax refund on it.

Now my card is locked and no costumer support.Hopefully I can get my money out. Never again am I using this card

Never using this service again if i ever get my money out!!!

to Anonymous #1434911

Call the regular American Express line at 1-800-528-4200. They helped me

to Anonymous #1455793

same here

Locked out of my account,no customer service,I have an emergency!!! Never will use this card again.

to Andrea B #1434914

Call the regular American Express line at 1-800-528-4200. They helped me

to Andrea B #1455794

same here. terrible card. never using it again

never will i use this card again this makes no sense to have no access to ur money but they sure are taking out fees

This must be happening to many people I’m in same boat.

Never ever again its straight bull locked out no customer service very scam like so angry waste of time and its my tax return and I have no access to it!

to Elaina #1455795

me too. I'm like fricking out.

Wish I never put my tax return on it. Hope I can get it out