Gurgaon, Haryana

I was at my office and in the lobby I see an American Express executive welcoming and trying to sell me the best possible credit card.I had a long discussion as I found the offer really attractive.

Related: American Express - Approved for balance transfer via phone then letter comes stating not approved-the scam

The executive shared information regarding benefits on my spending and lured me by saying that if I join right now, I will be getting vouchers for Croma (Worth Rs. 500) and Bookmyshow (Worth Rs. 700). I asked for a written communication regarding the same and she did the needful.

I got my card few weeks later but the vouchers didn't. I constantly followed up withe the executive regarding it but she simply ignored the request by saying "I will surely get back to you" (She never got back). I registered my complaint to the central office team by calling their call center but no one responded back regarding this. This incident took place in November 2015.

Please see image as proof. After few months, again a different team visits office premises and offers me a credit card. I explained them the problem that I have with AMEX and they assure me to resolve it in max. 3 days.

It has been more than a week now but didn't hear anything from anyone. I must say that the customer support of AMEX is the worst.

I didn't expect though.I don't know how many people see this but it is my strong suggestion to not to trust these guys.

Review about: American Express Platinum Travel Card.

1.2
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with American Express?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.