American Express - Lying is not a good option AMEX

62 of 317 American Express reviews

I was at my office and in the lobby I see an American Express executive welcoming and trying to sell me the best possible credit card.I had a long discussion as I found the offer really attractive.

The executive shared information regarding benefits on my spending and lured me by saying that if I join right now, I will be getting vouchers for Croma (Worth Rs. 500) and Bookmyshow (Worth Rs. 700). I asked for a written communication regarding the same and she did the needful.

I got my card few weeks later but the vouchers didn't. I constantly followed up withe the executive regarding it but she simply ignored the request by saying "I will surely get back to you" (She never got back). I registered my complaint to the central office team by calling their call center but no one responded back regarding this. This incident took place in November 2015.

Please see image as proof. After few months, again a different team visits office premises and offers me a credit card. I explained them the problem that I have with AMEX and they assure me to resolve it in max. 3 days.

It has been more than a week now but didn't hear anything from anyone. I must say that the customer support of AMEX is the worst.

I didn't expect though.I don't know how many people see this but it is my strong suggestion to not to trust these guys.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
American Express Platinum Travel Card
Review category
Cards
review #797266

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with American Express? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
62 of 317 American Express reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to American Express. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about American Express.
Filing a new complaint about
×