State: Minnesota City: Lakeville Product: American Express Account Clear all filters (1 of 76 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

American Express in Lakeville, Minnesota - AMEX errors after errors costing me dearly

My company changed policy and required everyone traveling to use a corporate AMEX credit card. Because I was traveling immediately after the policy change they got me a card 'rush'. The expedite fee of $15 was charged to the new card. I traveled, came back, filled out the expense report, which included the $15, filed it and I thought that was that. I didn't hear from AMEX for 9 months. At 9 months I get a bill in the mail from them for $380 in accumulated late fees. I go to log in, I can't get on to the online account. They tell me that the social security number I'm entering is wrong. Off to phones with customer service. After a dozen calls and a month goes by they finally reset my web access. Turns out when they expedited my card they apparently didn't bother to check that any of the data had been entered correctly. Wrong e-mail, wrong address, etc. It turns out that by the time the expense report was paid there was a late charge on the expedite fee and it had been building up for months. I try to contest it on the website, no luck. It won't take my entry. I try to contest it on customer service. They tell me it has to be done on the website, that they can't do anything for me unless I make the payment first. Now the card is canceled and the charges are with their collection agency. A complete nightmare dealing with them. Avoid AMEX at all costs.
Review
Product
American Express Account
Cons
  • Incompentent customer service
  • I strongly dislike
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact American Express Customer Service