I bought an AE card to load money on to send to my daughter. It is either lost in the mail or stolen, bottom line - she does not have it.

It was money for her honeymoon!!! I chose AE because they could use where they were going, I charged the card on a MC. I have been able to track the charge and to have the store bought at re-print a receipt proving purchase. On the receipt is the last four digits of the purchased card - that is all we have!!!

The two geniuses I spoke to kept asking me for the entire card number!!! HOW WOULD I HAVE THE ENTIRE CARD NUMBER IF IT IS LOST OR STOLEN!!!!! Then they wanted me to get the entire card number from the on-line registration....AGAIN HOW COULD THIS HAVE BEEN DONE SINCE THE CARD IS LOST OR STOLEN!!!!!

I always THOUGHT AE was an up-standing company - HAHAHAHAHA - they are money grubbing thieves who care less about customers - who are totally unwilling to try to help in a situation of a lost or stolen gift card. BUYER BEWARE........DO NOT USE AMERICAN EXPRESS!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Gift Card.

Preferred solution: cancel lost/stolen gift card.

American Express Cons: Way i was treated.

Comments

#1331966

Yes American Express is not one I would recommend today.

American Express Reviews