1.3
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Erroneously sent 2 payment to AMEX in April and contacted them to reverse the extra payment. The May statement comes in and the pay in full amount includes the current charges plus the amount of the payment that was reversed.

After spending 2 hours in a chat session with multiple "Customer Service Professionals" to try and explain this situation I finally gave up. The next day I tried calling customer service. After being transferred to 2 different people and explaining the situation to each of them in detail I was put on hold and then disconnected from the call. Then went back online to find a different way to contact AMEX and the chat icon has a message to contact them about my account.

Turns out they were contacting me because I did pay them for the over charged amount. After another 2 hours of chatting and calling them on the phone I was finally able to get someone to file a dispute for the over charged amount.

The dispute takes 6 to 8 weeks to investigate. Been a loyal member since 1988 and never missed a payment and this is the way I am treated.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 31.

Comments