Green River,Wyoming
1.6
Additional Fees

I researched prepaid credit cards, and for my purposes for paying my bills online, Bluebird was the best choice. For 4 months everything went smoothly up until yesterday when I tried to load my card as usual with cash at Wal-Mart and couldn't.

Calling customer service was painful, time consuming and essentially a waste of time. After 3 phone calls this is what I was told: My card was "validated" and could no longer deposit funds. They said I should withdraw any funds in the account which will remain open. When asked why, they said they sent me an email about unusual activity.

I paid my gas bill - as usual. They said they couldn't 'undo' it. They said I could not get a new card and account number. They also told me that even though I was not at fault and they could do nothing to correct THEIR error, they had done this to so many people that they put in place a "dedicated team of people whose sole purpose is to fix this problem", but not for me or any of the hundreds of thousands (their words) of people damaged by their mistake.

I asked them what could be done to rectify this situation and the response was a repeated canned statement regarding the "team of people" they had hired to look into it.

As it stands now, by not receiving any warning or notice, I am up s**t creek without the proverbial paddle and it could cost me upwards of $100 in penalties and fines.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Bluebird Prepaid Card.

Reason of review: Will not correct admitted error..

Preferred solution: Issue me a new card..

I didn't like: Being lied to, Staff, Being conned and ripped off, Way they handled things, Deliberate misinformation and foreign customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 31, 2016.

Comments