2.2

I have disputed a charge with AMEX for a no show at the Hotel @ Fifth Avenue since June 2019. The date in question was May 7 2019.

I explained to them l was on a United flight with a stopover in Houston. They had a very bad rain storm there and diverted us to Austin for over 6 hours all the while l notified the hotel about this only to get a rude hotel clerk who asked me if l was going to stay the other two nights l had booked with them. I said yes. I was trying to get another flight out to New York that day.

No dice! Due to weather, change in shift and change in plane l could not make it that night. My mom and l got into New York around 12:30 and we were exhausted. Needless to say, we missed a day of sightseeing.

I was pissed. But even more pissed when this hotel charged me a no show fee at their full rate!!! Gave me the booking.com discounts the other two nights.

This has been an on going battle with AMEX who l found out cares nothing for their consumers sides only for their merchants.

I opened several investigations into this matter; even sending AMEX a hand written note explaining all the details, heck, l even called Sunny, the general manager at the Hotel@Fifth Avenue and tried to resolve or at least compromise on this matter and she flat out said NO!

YOU OWE IT!

So AMEX received one letter from them explaining l was a no show and received several pages from me including plane ticket documentation and a fully explainable note. And they side with the merchant.

I will not let this rest!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Express Simplycash Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

American Express Pros: Past product offerings.

American Express Cons: Fraud department wants me to work this out with the merchant, Unable to resolve my problem in a timely manner.

Comments